How video marketing works
November 5th 2019
If you've ever thought “does video marketing actually work?" - the simple answer is YES.
Writen by: Edna Rodriguez
Once again, yes it does. Video content marketing does work and it isn’t going anywhere. The sooner you implement it in your strategy the more beneficial it’ll be to you. Although, if you question whether your video will reach many people, worry not. If done correctly, it will.
YouTube has more than 500 hours of content being uploaded every minute and has more than 1 billion logged-in users. This makes it the second largest search engine in the world (after Google).*
With these numbers only expected to grow, neglecting video marketing means you’re missing a valuable opportunity to reach a wide range of people that have the potential to become prospective customers.
"According to Forrester, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. YouTube says that 20 percent of viewers who start your video will leave after the first 10 seconds, so putting together content that is worth their while is crucial."*
People who enjoy your video and watch it in full will stay longer on your website. They will be more likely to visit other of your pages and will think highly of your brand. Not all videos will result in customers, but they will raise brand awareness, up your count of supporters, and convert leads to paying customers.
Still not sure? Let’s have a look at these numbers:
- By 2019, video will account for 80% of global internet traffic and 85 percent in the US (Cisco)
- Two-thirds of marketers and agency executives see video as the next trend in content marketing (Interactive Advertising Bureau - IAB)
- 82% of B2C businesses report that video has become their most popular content marketing tactic (Content Marketing Institute)
- 73% of B2B marketers say that video positively impacts marketing ROI (Tubular Insights)*
Research carried out by Online Marketing Institute (OMI) also shows that:
- E-commerce stores which use video content have an 80% higher conversion rate than those which do not
- 73% of customers are more likely to make a purchase when shown informational video content
- A 1% budget increase on active video marketing is worth a monthly average of $13,000 for a company*
OMI has also collected information in an infographic format. To summarise it please see below.
Sources: "Does Video Marketing Actually Work?" by Blue Corona, "Infographic: How Video Marketing Works" by Online Marketing Insitute and YouTube for Press.